Sunday, January 20, 2008

My stupidity

Some of you probably know that Aimee got rear-ended last week (and then she got into an accident- ba-dum-ching!). Anyway, we had a rental car for the last week while we were searching for a new car. So, we finally did get Aimee a new car, a black Toyota Corolla- not bad.

Anyway, we're getting ready to return the rental car. Since it was about 2 degrees yesterday, I figure I'd be a nice guy and go start the cars. Well, you might be able to guess what happened next. I start Aimee's car first (cause I'm like that). I start the rental car (a mini-van). Oops, I gotta grab some stuff out of there before we return it. I'll just open the door... locked. Okay, I'll go around to the driver's side.... locked. The side doors... you get the idea. So here we have a running mini-van in our garage, all of the doors are locked with the keys in the ignition. Genius.
We call the rental company-- oh, what's that, you don't have an extra key (WHAT?!) So, they call a locksmith to come out an hour later. Aimee being the nice wife she is talks to the locksmith, saving me the embarassment.

While we were on the phone, I was looking up ways to get into a locked car and found this website. It seems like a place for criminals to hang out and share their trade secrets--creepy. Check it out-- totse.com