Tuesday, January 15, 2008

1st!!!!111!!!!11 LOLZ

Be kind folks, be kind. This is my first post on this blog, which I'm pretty excited about. I've been reading a lot of blogs lately, and being my arrogant self I figured, "I could do that." So here I am. My hope for this blog is that I touch upon things that I'm interested in, and if you are too, great! So, here we go with the first interesting tidbit:

Graduate school is a joke. For those of you that don't know, I'm currently getting my Master's degree in Curriculum and Instruction. I'll be honest, I'm doing it for the bump in my paycheck. However, after the first couple of classes, I was really involved in actual learning-- what a concept, right?

Well, things have changed. Our new professor teaches like a bumblebee on crack. To give an appropriate analogy... Imagine you were on the subway trying to listen to every conversation at the same time, and after 2 minutes or so one of the riders says, "So what are your thoughts?" Our professor has a lot of passion, but can't quite seem to harness her energy.

She hands us a full detailed outline for every session, but when she speaks, it's like there's an exorcism going on-- 5 different voices with 5 different ideas come out of her mouth at the same time! Sometimes I truly cannot figure out what we she wants us to do. I mean, I teach middle school; I constantly have 20 twelve year olds asking me ridiculous questions all at once, but I can't figure out what this lady is talking about!!! Well, only 6 more weeks...

No comments: